Shoplifting, Oops!! Shopping in Kochi
Visiting Kochi for a Kerala Holiday and not hitting the noted markets to buy some run-after authentic Kochi souvenirs? Seems unthinkable, right?
Yes, that’s what this place is prominently talked about for (off course other than the dreamy waterfalls, amazing forts and churches and green carpet everywhere). From a treat-to-nostrils spices to a woman’s only love (apart from men), jewellery, there are myriad places and essential pick items to give any shopaholic a treat for life.
Trust us for your Kochi shopping guide and we will let you delve into the 5 most celebrated shopping joints for some you-can’t-miss-those items. A cheap flight to Kochi is all what it takes for a budget shopping in Kochi to get the best Indian holiday.
What and Where to Shop in Kochi
1. M G Road, a Shopper’s Mecca: Keep it at top on your itinerary guide while chalking out for shopping. M G Road, being the most pivotal and the busiest one in Kochi draws major tourists. Stop by Seematti or Chennai silks to pick up exclusive Chennai silk sarees or fabrics if you have an eye for fashion. Handicrafts of coir, brass or bamboo are not to be missed at Kairali Emporium.
Make some space in your bag for the spices and nuts of Kerala, being extremely popular here.
2. Marine Drive, for bundlers: A nice assortment of cotton clothes, perfumes, watches and many small snack joints alongside road will greet you at Marine Drive. Brush up your bargaining or bundling skills and stuff your tote bag with memorable collectibles while sipping fresh coconut water.
3. Broadway, loads of budget products: When in Broadway, the drifting aroma may guide you to the right places. Personifies by narrow roads, this area adjoins Ernakulam and thus several products may be picked up at jaw dropping prices. Turn eyes around for electronic goods, spices, clothes, jewellery, leather goods, stationary, watches and what not.
The colossal benevolence one has here is that shopping in Kochi will not burn a hole in your pocket which makes it a budget Kerala holiday in addition to dirt cheap flight tickets to Kochi from London.
4. LuLu Shopping Mall, the mammoth experience: Recently opened, India’s biggest shopping hub is a home to as many as 300 national and international brands. Not sure if you can strike any bargain deal here, but the sprawling and gigantic mall is worth a visit while shopping in Kerala.
Sitting luxuriously over 2.5 million sq ft and the next shopping landmark of Kerala, is an eclectic ensemble of retail offerings. A day has to be kept aside for the visit considering the amount of goodies it has on platter from apparels, beauty boutiques, a hypermarket, food outlets, gold souke to amusement point including games arcade, Ice rink and 5D multiplex.
Do pick a generous gift from the noted brands like Rolex, Rado, Tommy Hilfiger, William Penn, Vero Moda and so on. The list seems to be endless. Do drop the kids at baby care centres or play areas in the mall for toddlers to enjoy.
5. Grande Gold Souk, stock the golden bag: In Kerala or particularly Kochi, where there are more gold jewellery boutiques than coconut trees, no one can afford to miss buying some precious gold from here.
Grande Gold Souk Mall is the biggest wedding themed mall in Kerala and modestly accommodates over 150 jewellery shops. Choose over from purest 24 kt gold to precious carved stone jewellery or diamonds, all with a wedding glory.
Kochi’s shopping places and lists never seem to end because as they say, Shoppers never stop. Kochi has acquired the convenient title of “bargainer’s paradise” as most of its products may actually end up costing much lesser than the bigger metropolitans.