Last Updated on June 9, 2023 by Jacob Sanders
The Philippines is a stunning country with thousands of islands, beautiful beaches and bustling city life. This Southeast Asian jewel will take your breath away, with over 7000 islands elegantly floating in the Pacific Ocean.
However, presently any foreign travel is prohibited unless you are a Filipino national, spouse, or children of nationals and residents returning from abroad exempt from the entry ban.
Safety, Quarantine and Travel Guidelines
The government has divided areas into two sections GCQ and MGCQ. The National Capital Region (Metro Manila), Bacolod, Batangas, Iloilo City and Tacloban are subject to General Community Quarantine (GCQ); whereas, the rest of the Philippines is under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
The restrictions are strict in the Philippines for foreign and domestic travellers alike, however, non-essential travel i.e. tourist travel is now permitted between GCQ and MGCQ areas. The government of Philippine has made it mandatory to wear a face mask, face shield and PPE for all individuals while travelling. Also, checking your temperature is a must upon entry. Social distancing is also strictly followed inside the airport premises.
For security checking everything is subjected to “no-contact”, however the use of x-ray machines and scanners are still to be used but with limited contact. All key surfaces are disinfected regularly without any fail.
Here are some of the rules and regulations that must need to abide by while travelling to the Philippines.
- Some airports require a mandate download of “Traze Contact Tracing” app before you enter the premises.
- Passengers with a valid boarding pass and other travel documents shall only be allowed inside the airport.
- If you are an international traveller, then you are allowed to fly to the Philippines only if you have a long-term visa.
- You need to complete the electronic Health Declaration and Passenger Locator forms upon arrival or departure.
- Once you arrive in the Philippines, you will be tested at the airport or another designated facility.
- Further, you will be quarantined at an approved facility until the test results arrive. However, you will be home quarantined for 14 days even if your test results are negative.
- Local travel guidelines to be followed for domestic routes as per the local government rules.
- If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker, then your quarantine accommodation cost is taken care of by the OWWA. And if you are an Overseas Filipino, then you can choose to stay at approved facilities at your own cost.
Why book with Crystal Travel?
If you’re planning to fly to the Philippines, Crystal Travel has a variety of cheap flight deals available across a selection of airlines. We offer the best price in industry prices for take-off’s all over the world, irrespective of the destination. Plus, we don’t scrimp on quality, so travellers will benefit from the same first-class facilities at much lower prices.
Additional benefits when booking a flight ticket to Philippines with Crystal Travel:
- ABTA and ATOL protection
- Ever-present travel experts to make the booking process seamless.
- Value for money with best offers and deals.
Well, what are you waiting for? Get the family together and visit the Philippines this 2020.