Around the world, the situation is dramatically changing and the government has been taking reforms constantly to keep everyone safe. The government travel advice has been evolving according that how to Fly Safe in pandemic is advancing and affecting people.
Apart from the government, different airline guidelines have also been implemented to ensure the safety of the passengers in this current climate. The airlines have been keeping the safety and hygiene of the travellers as their most prominent target.
Here are some of the top guidelines, facilities and rules that all major airlines have implemented for long-haul and short-haul flights.
- Cabin crew and staff to wear face mask and gloves at all intervals.
- Minimal contact between passengers and staff members.
- Reduction in the number of touchpoints at the airport’s facilities.
- Plastic shields to be used for checking and verifications where touch is mandatory.
- Use of packaged food to ensure the staff does not come into contact with passenger food in any way.
- High-quality filters for constant change of aircraft air.
These are the top things to remember before you fly – if you follow the basic guidelines and line of conduct then your take-off will be as smooth as possible.
The International travel guide from the UK government is constantly updated based on COVID-19 conditions. Presently, the UK has entered into another phase of lockdown where residents from tier 4 areas are prohibited for any leisure travel.
There are different travel corridors and travel bubbles which are in effect, however, this list is not stable.
Travel safety tips
Here are some of the travel safety tips to bear in mind before flying.
- Try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between you and others.
- Don’t touch public surfaces that are in constant use such as elevator buttons, railings, etc.
- Always keep a sanitizer with you
- Never take off your mask while you are in the airport, during your flight or while de-boarding.
- Keep multiple masks handy if you have a long-haul flight.
- Try to cough and sneeze with your mouth covered.
- Make sure that your hands are sanitized or washed with soap before you eat, touch your face or after coughing or sneezing.
Always try to fly safe in pandemic so if you are experiencing any symptoms of mild discomfort, then you should avoid travel altogether.