Last Updated on March 30, 2022 by Cody Livingston
British Airways stands as one of the world’s leading airlines, boasting an impressive fleet that serves over 160 destinations. The airline aims to make every journey special, relaxing, and secure, right from the airport to boarding and beyond.
Created in 1974 by merging British Overseas Airways Corporation, British European Airways, Cambrian Airways, and Northeast Airlines into one, British Airways marked its centennial year in 2019 based on its predecessor companies.
With its headquarters in London, and hub at Heathrow Airport, British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom. The airline offers exceptional services across all its ground facilities and flights, from in-flight entertainment to assistance in check-in and from providing quality food and drinks to keeping you safe.
With so much information and services to grasp about British Airways, it is hard to know where to start. Here are some basic details about British Airways to help you get an in-depth knowledge of the UK flag carrier airline.
Fleet of British Airways
British Airways operates one of the largest fleets in the world with modern amenities and services. They use both narrow and wide-body aircraft from Airbus, while only the latter from Boeing. Here is a list of the aircraft operated by British Airways and its subsidiaries.
|Name||Number in Fleet|
|Airbus A350-1000||18 (by 2023)|
Cabin and Services
British Airways offers a variety of cabins and services to cater to their passengers’ needs. Their cabin classification varies as per the flying routes. Let us explore those.
British Airways offers two classes of service on short-haul flights within the UK and Europe, i.e., Euro Traveller and Club Europe.
- Euro Traveller is an economy class cabin offered by British Airways on short-haul flights. The airline offers a buy-on-board system for its range of food. It can also be pre-ordered through the British Airways’ app. British Airways also offers free Wi-Fi in this class.
- Club Europe is a business class cabin offered by British Airways on short-haul flights. You can access the business lounges at most airports, and the onboard food and drinks are complimentary in this class.
Mid-Haul and Long-Haul Flights
British Airways offers four cabin services on most mid-haul and long-haul flights.
- World Traveller is an economy class for long-haul flights. It offers complimentary food and drinks, pillows, blankets, and in-flight entertainment. AC power outlets and USB plug-in points are also available in each row.
- World Traveller Plus is a premium economy cabin on long-haul flights. It offers wider seats with more legroom, footrests, and power sockets on each seat, along with all the services in the World Traveller Cabin, with the option to upgrade the main meal.
- Club World is a business class for mid and long-haul flights. The cabin features fully reclining flatbed seats, and some aircraft also feature a suite with a door.
- First Class Cabin offers the most exclusive services with a bed, a wider entertainment screen, and access to the first-class lounge. At some airports, passengers are offered pre-flight meals with a private waiter.
Baggage Allowance of British Airways
The baggage allowance on a British Airways flight depends on the route and the class of travel. In general, British Airways allows you to carry up to two bags in the cabin and one checked bag, and the weight must not exceed 23 kilograms. The airline gives you the option to check-in numerous baggage at a nominal charge. The maximum allowed dimensions of the bags are mentioned below.
|Hand Bag||40 X 30 X 15 centimetres|
|Cabin Bag||56 X 45 X 25 centimetres|
|Checked Baggage||90 X 75 X 43 centimetres|
Alliances and Partners
With British Airways, you can make all your travel plans in one place. British Airways has arrangements with several airlines to offer its passengers a better flying experience without worrying about flight times, layovers, etc. Now, you can travel anywhere with just a single ticket. The list of alliances and partners of British Airways is given below:
- British Airways is a member of oneworld along with Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines, and SriLankan Airlines.
- British Airways has code-sharing agreements with more than 20 airlines worldwide, such as Vistara, Loganair, Fiji Airways, etc.
British Airways has partnered with many of the best brands and celebrities in Britain to enhance the journeys of their customers. Here are a few of British Airways’ notable brand collaborations.
- Aviation Gin
- England’s Rugby Team
- Emma Raducanu, one of the leading tennis superstars and brand ambassador of British Airways
- Union Coffee
- The White Company
- Hattingley Valley
- Aston Martin, and more.
From offering special assistance to issuing refunds quickly, British Airways is fully committed to providing the best experience to all its customers. British Airways is also working towards a better world and looking for more sustainable ways to tackle the impact of flying on our planet. Flying with British Airways will leave us with a better experience.